[or-roots] 1852 correction

Stephenie Flora slflora47 at msn.com
Fri Mar 13 15:31:17 PDT 2009

With 10,000 emigrants coming to Oregon in 1852 and another 50,000 going to
California more than one emigrant commented on the desire for some elbow
room.  It was the worst at the beginning of the journey because everyone was
trying to leave around the same time.  There were times the dust was so bad
that one diarist commented that he could hardly see his wheel oxen.  And
then when it rained they suffered through mud bogs.  They were definitely
traveling in each other’s pockets.

Stephenie Flora
www.oregonpioneers.com/ortrail.htm