[or-roots] Oregon Trail

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Sat Mar 14 08:50:53 PDT 2009

I also love the history of the Oregon Trail and this website 'or-roots' as all of you talk about old and new information about the trail and our pioneer families. My grandmother showed us as kids old wagon wheel ruts along the highway by Columbia River, Biggs Junction, Deschutes River and Dalles, OR. I remember seeing the ruts closer to the Dalles and they were on the side of a hill kind of. I can still visualize it in my head like a picture. When I was a kid my mom actually drove her car on the Barlow road at least that's what I remember it being and it was so bumpy but fun. In my research now I see I am related to Samuel K Barlow though his 2 son's who married Larkin sisters and then back from them the Plank & Lydalls. My mother's side of family came on the trail from Franklin Co., Missouri & Keokuck, Iowa in 1852 to Marion Co. were McCubbins, Stevens. Then some went to Dayton, WA. to live & die, married into the Flanagan, Parson, Eaton & more.

Nancy