[or-roots] Decker - Harrington - McAdams - Eyler

ilightle2 at hotmail.com ilightle2 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:58:54 PDT 2009

 Hi Les,
I ran across the reference to Professor Lightle too, wonder who he was...
Doesn't fit our early profile at all, sawyers, coopers, ranchers & farmers
in the 1800's. My grandfather James Marsh and his sister Nettie attended
Arko School. George H., their dad had a fairly large holding between Troy &
Flora, place name Lightle Flats. I found the name of George's second wife in
the 'Hazen Family in America'. After Emma L. passed away he remarried an
Emma J. (Hull) Hazen. She died before he did and is buried in Indiana.
George and his first are together in Flora Cemetery. Most of the original
clan are in Washington State but they stem out of Ohio. GG Grandfather Peter
came from there but without knowing any of his siblings names I can't begin
to sort out the three large and unrelated groups there. Doesn't help any
that every time a territory was opened for settlement parts of them kept on
moving on. Wished I could establish who the homebodies were and work to the
middle. I sure I've got some of what I need to crack this but I'm probably
overlooking something right under my nose, I found a bit in my notes like
that more than once.
Have you ever used World Vital Records?  I'm toying with getting a
subscription but if they're anything like Ancestry I'll pass.
Ingrid