[or-roots] Heshberger Mountain

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Mar 29 09:13:10 PDT 2009

Bob;

I am wondering if you ever got a definite answer to the origin of that name;
I ran across a book of Hershbergers;

Hershberger, Eli P.,
History, descendants of Peter Hershberger and Elizabeth Yoder
[Elkhart, Ind.? :: Unknown,, 1952, 144 pgs.

But scanning it I only find a few references to Oregon, seems most of them
stayed in Midwest and some even went east from there,

There was a Schrock in Amity in the early part of 20th, a Chupp in Sheriden
and another Shrock in Cutler, CA but in the first 60 pages I didn't see a
Hershberger listed in Oregon. I might have missed them or they might have
been lost kin. The book doesn't seem to have any history, just births,
marriages and deaths usually with location and it seems to be organized,
though I'm not sure I followed that part.