[or-roots] Claypool Cemetery, Linn County

Kith-n-Kin Kith-n-Kin at cox.net
Sun May 17 12:59:44 PDT 2009

On the 1878 Atlas of Marion and Linn Counties, map 7, page 81, upper right
corner, in "Center" there is a cemetery marked on the property of Andrew
Richardson, including part of the original DLC of Aaron Claypool. I looked
this up on the GNIS and apparently it's called the "Claypool" cemetery, and
according to Findagrave it includes some Parrish's, Washburns, Jacksons,
etc.

Does anyone have a complete census of this cemetery? Or know anything about
it?

I'm trying to find out what happened to Andrew Jackson Richardson who
married Mary Jane Gallaher. They disappear from the censuses after 1860,
though there is evidence of children born after 1870.  I eventually find
her, and some of the children, in Washington. She and a daughter are buried
in the same cemetery as Andrew Jackson's sister, Cynthia (Richardson) Parks,
in Colton, Whitman County, Washington.

One descendant indicates that he may have died in Umatilla County about
1880, but why no census? What's going on here?

Since I'm going to be going to Portland in a couple of weeks, and plan to
visit Linn county, the courthouse, the cemetery, etc, anything I can find
out now will help.

Pat
in Tucson