[or-roots] Claypool Cemetery, Linn County

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon May 18 17:13:12 PDT 2009

Pat;

I meant to take a look at this Pat, but today I discovered some more of my
Wisner Family in Linn Co history, or I should say some more of the
buttonholes. I can't seem to locate the last email exchange I had on this
topic on the list. (Haven't looked in enough folders yet) But I decided to
poke around a little. My problem is Nancy A. Gilmore that I have married to
Henry Wisner according to Wisners in America seems to be Nancy Elizabeth
Gilmore, step-mother; by her second husband, of one of our famous sons;

Homer Davenport.
http://www.gencircles.com/users/ronstephens/9/data/844

Since it seems like I remember knowing that the brother of my James Wisner
ma (H)Esther Beeler was here in Oregon I am going to have to dig more in my
stuff, but what I don't seem to be able to find is a date of death for
Nancy. There is no entry for  her in the Or Death index, at least not as
Nancy Davenport, but considering how well researched the above link is I
can't think she is easy to find.

Now the reason I bring this up in Pat's problem is in the 1870 Census I do
find an Andrew Richarson in Linn co, he just happens to be on he same page
with my James and Hester. But he's married to a Ruth. Okay, never mind, I
must be going blind, now I find him in 1860 married to May June at the
bottom of the same page as Reuben Claypool.

I tried scanning that precinct in 1870, also Sand Ridge (where I found the
inlaws of Henry Wisner with his widow living at home as a Gilmore again) and
tried several of the neighbors in the 1870 Census with no luck.

I will keep it in mind since I am not through searching for my folks in the
neighborhood.