[or-roots] How to find Military History?

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Mon Nov 30 11:15:28 PST 2009

Hi Ronda, Are these your Uncles below?
I found my own father's list of medals & where he served in the historical newspapers at Ancestry.com.  Nancy

World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas
about Loyd S Phillips
            Name: Loyd S Phillips
            Inducted From: Washington
            Rank: Private First Class
            Combat Organization: 2nd Regiment 1st Cavalry Division
            Death Date: 25 Feb 1945
            Monument: Fort William McKinley, Manila, The Philippines
            Last Known Status: Buried
            U.S. Awards: Purple Heart Medal
            Bronze Star Medal

Oregon Death Index, 1903-98