[or-roots] Is it slow or am I missing emails?

Penny/Leigh psinjun at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 12:57:47 PDT 2009

Well, I have located mine in Oregon but just am not able to prove the date of her death.  It gets very frustrating. All the family trees I have found list her date of death as 9 March 1893 but no one seems to know where they found it or if it is accurate.

Emma Kellogg Langworthy (sometimes Longworthy - with or without the "y") died while an inmate at the Hawthorn Insane Asylum.  She was apparently buried there and when everyone was moved, created and put into storage her cremains seem to be among the ones that lost labels.

The Oregon State Hospital people have been helpful as have all the places they sent me for info but nothing is forthcoming.  Apparently she died before regular records were kept and the Asylum records are long gone.  No full record of her commitment or her death.  Someone here helped me find an ab breviated record of her commitment but that is all so far,

I  haven't found anything on her husband, Andrew Jackson Langworthy who left her there and moved back to Michigan with eight kids, later to marry his niece and move to Missouri.

Penny