[or-roots] Hawthorne Asylum

Kith-n-Kin Kith-n-Kin at cox.net
Fri Sep 18 09:27:05 PDT 2009

Thanks to all for the clarifications on the Hawthorne and the Asylum!

The Oregon Archives has the "Asylum/Hawthorne" records listed at their
website. However when I just tried to bring up a record, nothing came up.
Perhaps they are undergoing some updating.

However, doing a broader search, I found:

McCullough, <http://genealogy.state.or.us/detail.php?id=512553>  T.

6/10/1899

Death

no county

State Hospital

Vol. 1G

And

McCullough, <http://genealogy.state.or.us/detail.php?id=512638>  V. R.

3/31/1900

Death

no county

State Hospital

Vol. 1G

Nothing about whether they were in Hawthorne and transferred, but the actual
"asylum/Hawthorne" records would probably indicate that.

I went to the Asylum records at the  Archives once, based on a record in the
Archives website, and found the "log" (as I recall) of admissions, reason
for admission, discharge, reason for discharge - and of course, the record
number.

I know you already have more information, directly from the hospital - I
just mentioned this as a "starting point" for others.

The Archives address is:

http://genealogy.state.or.us/

Pat

In Tucson