[or-roots] Hawthorne Asylum

Susie rgust at netwtc.net
Sat Sep 19 05:12:48 PDT 2009

Thank you,
 Connie is the researcher I hired and she did a wonderful job for me. >From the hospital records both Van and his wife were committed from Vernonia on Dec 18 1898. Van had applied for a homestead in 1895 but did not make the five year requirement to prove up the land. He would have been 81 at that time.ed. He died of la grippe and old age and she of dementia and seizures.They had three sons two of which I know were living at the time and one named Samuel who died about the same time. Lafayette lived until 1945 and I lose Morgan after 1920 both in California. I believe but cannot clearly read the census for 1895 that they were all living in Oregon on his claim.
Susie