[or-roots] Finding ancestors in Revolutionary and Civil War

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 21 15:59:20 PDT 2009

You make some very excellent points, Dale, which we should all remember,
but let's also recall that the original question was not one of
"Patriot" status, but whether "my ancestors were in the Revolutionary or
Civil War?" I would interpret that query to mean as a combatant,
including those opposed to the US, which certainly excludes Patriot status.

Of my seventh and eight generation male ancestors, I suspect, but have
never counted them all up, that over 80% served for the US in the
Revolution, and that includes at least one British deserter (or maybe
he's just a cousin, can't remember).

Bill Strickland