[or-roots] Finding ancestors in Revolutionary and Civil War

ilightle2 at hotmail.com ilightle2 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 04:07:03 PDT 2009

I'm glad you mentioned the deserters too Bill. A running joke in the family
was that we had a Hessian serving with George Washington at the Delaware.
Even though part of the family came from closer to Switzerland, soldiering
was a rather common profession. I got a  history lesson while looking into
Palatinate Germany. Genealogy has a way of broadening ones world view and
pointing up how limited the public education is.