[or-roots] Wolffs and Howards, need advice

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Apr 28 10:20:01 PDT 2010

For what it is worth I find no Anna gving birth in Walla Walla county in the
WA archives. I don't see where his reporting himself as 35 for the marriage
license is that big a problem for someone who more than likely isn't even
using his real name. It might be a good idea to pursue Charles Howard
married to Elizabeth Sheehan giving birth to a male in Indiana between say
1870 and 1890 to see if Charles L. Howard turns out to be a real person, but
I am betting the answer is no.

The LDS index didn't turn up any match, but if he is really 25 he wouldn't
show up in 1880. Even more interesting is Anna C; the only child for Minnie
and George in 1900 and 1910 is listed as Ethel who is 12 years too young? To
further confuse the issue there is an Anna Wolff, but her parents are
Willhelm and Mary. Ironically her brother Joseph is indexed as Josephine.

There is an Anna Josephine Wolff born about 1879 buried in Tahoma Cemetery
in Yakima?

I will poke at this some more later, but sure can't find Anna.

Les