[or-roots] divorces

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:49:28 PST 2010

Thank you.

Hi Dale-

I recently discovered that just like there are marriage indexes in the
State archives, there are also divorce indexes. They are a statewide
database sorted by last name of the male, group in about 5 year sets. So
within a census period you should be able to find it on the microfilm
for one five year period or the other. Don't know if Washington has the
same type of list or not. The Coos Bay library has three of these
microfilms in house, 45-50, 50-55 and 60-65 if I remember correctly. But
you can probably request the film through the normal microfilm channels.

Robyn
rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com

Interested in Oregon History? Check out my webpages at
coquillevalley.org or genealogytrails.com
<http://genealogytrails.com/ore/coos>  (Coos & Curry Counties)

Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rgreenlund> Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/rgreenlund> Yahoo Answers
<http://answers.yahoo.com/my/my;_ylt=Am0e7aEv9NKVsL2NcjzyGeTpy6IX;_ylv=3