[or-roots] Coos Bay article - and more in CDNC newspapers

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 09:53:33 PST 2010

In a message dated 2/7/2010 6:20:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com writes:

_http://cdnc.ucr.edu/newsucr_ (http://cdnc.ucr.edu/newsucr)
Robyn
_rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com_ (http://rgreenlund61@yahoo.com/)

Thank you, Robyn, for including this link in your submission about Coos
Bay.

Looking at the California newspapers for "Junction City, Oregon", brought
up some interesting information:

Sacramento Daily Union 23 August 1880
    "N. Griswold killed himself at Junction City,  Oregon, Thursday"

Sacramento Daily Union 20 September 1878
    "At Junction City, Oregon, yesterday, a widow named  Pitney met with a
terrible death."

San Francisco Call, 8 July 1890
    "James Castel, an old resident of Junction City,  Oregon, died with
apoplexy last Sunday, caused by drinking glass after glass of  iced water."

Now, if these don't get me into research projects, I can't imagine what
would.
Linda VanOrden
Junction City, Oregon