[or-roots] Digital Newspapers Collection

Robyn Greenlund rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 05:37:12 PST 2010

So glad you did. Surprisingly, each state has at least one of these digital newspaper collections now (I've been told), as do several other places. There is one on Google, one at the Library of Congress, Ancestry has a series as do genealogybank, footnote and worldvitalrecords. One of my favorite ones is a private collection in upstate New York (which I can remember the name of at the moment). Over 6 million pages on that one when last I checked. Would it be helpful if I created a web page on Genealogytrails with these digital newspapers on on web page to make them easier to find?  Or perhaps on a site like Linkpendium.com?

This past week I've been steadily going through the ones on the California Digital Newspaper collection and have been transcribing every article I can find that deals with "Empire City". I will be putting these online on genealogytrails very soon so others will be able to find them. If anyone else has clippings they have found that are particularly interesting that they have read, but don't want to transcribe, if you will send me the link to the article I would be happy to transcribe it and post it both here and online for others to see.

 Robyn
rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com

Interested in Oregon History? Check out my webpages at
coquillevalley.org or genealogytrails.com (Coos & Curry Counties)