[or-roots] rogers photo

Kith-n-Kin Kith-n-Kin at cox.net
Thu Feb 11 10:57:04 PST 2010

Dan

Thanks for sending the pic. I think it says "CO. F"

So, altogether it says:

Henry Rogers
Co. F.
44 Wis. Inf.

The shield behind it is indicative of the US. (i.e. the Union) -- same as we
used to use for US highways, and a billion police jurisdictions.

Here's a link to a discussion of such markers:

http://cemeteries.wordpress.com/2006/08/26/military-grave-markers/

and this:

http://www.militaryhistoryinstone.org/history.php

And here is further information on that:

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/roster/searchresults.asp?lastName=rogers&fir
stName=henry

And, even more important:

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/roster/results.asp?image_id=2741

Which is the roster of Co. F of the 44th:

Rogers, Henry. Residence, St. Lawrence, date Oct 15, '64, Corp.; M. O. June
8, '65.

Pat
In Tucson