[or-roots] Henry Rogers>death date unknown

Kith-n-Kin Kith-n-Kin at cox.net
Sun Feb 14 14:36:55 PST 2010

OK, trying to moosh this all together.

Henry Rogers, Co.F of the 44th Wis Infantry

Buried at an unknown time at the Laurel Grove Cemetery in Springfield, Lane
County, Oregon.

There is only one Rogers listed on FindAGrave in this cemetery.  Other
pictures of Laurel Grove show it to be a badly overgrown cemetery. Is there
a census somewhere in Springfield/Eugene?

I noticed that on another list you knew some of the names of people in
Laurel Grove. Was one of them Elizabeth?

On the website, you have listed one George Harvey Rogers, who m Alice
Brothers - Harrisburg Dec 18 1940. When and where was he born?  I found a DC
for Alice Rogers, spouse George, who died 18 Dec 1840. So, I'm thinking
that's your person?

The 1900 gives us some additional information.

Henry Rogers, b Nov 1829, age 70, married 35 years, (this is penciled over
"47") so married about 1865. He b NY, father b NY, m b VT, no occupation

Elizabeth W, wife, b Jul 1844, 55, m 35, five children, four living. B Wis,
father b NY, m b PA, no occupation

Harvey, son, b Apr 1877, age 23, b Minnesota, fb NY, mb Wisc., sawmill
laborer.

The 1880, then, gives us further information:

Forest City, Meeker County, Minn:

Swupe, Frank, 42, cooper, b IA, fb Penn, mb Ohio

Louise, 39, wife, keeping house, b IA, fb Tenn, mb NY

Ida, 14, dau, at school, b IA, IA IA

Etta, 11, dau, at school, b IA, IA IA

Rogers, Henry, 49, general merchandise, b NY, NY, NY

Elisabeth, 35, wife, keeping house, b Wisc, NY, NY

Frank L, 17, son, at school, b Wisc, NY, NY

Hettie I, 12, dau, at school, b Wisc, NY, Wis

Harvey G, 3, son, b Minn, NY, Wis

Gertrude S, 8 mo, b Minn, NY, Wis

Was the mother of the first two children someone other than Elisabeth?

To the 1870, in Forest Prairie, Meeker County, Minn, we have:

23/23

Rogers, Alfred, 40, farmer, NY

Uphemier, 27, Wis

Manford, 3, Minn

Gordiner, Catha, 7, Minn

24/24

Bentley, Hiram, 39, farmer, NY

Eliza, 35, keeping house, NY

Frank, 14, Michigan

Burt, 11, Michigan

25/25

Rogers, Henry, 39, farmer, NY

Elizabeth, 26, Wisconsin

Laura E, 12, Wisc

William, 10, Wisc

Frank, 8, Wisc

Hettie, 2, Wisc.

I'm having no luck finding the family before 1870.  Maybe someone else will
have better luck.

Pat

In Tucson