[or-roots] Matheny's Everywhere -- (and Simkins)

Dan M mygenrw2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 11:50:14 PST 2010

Matneny has a list on some server, I used to be on it, I used to be the
admin for the one on rootsweb, Dianna started some one line group for them.
I know they are always showing up around Matney also, I think the name is
French and we found Matney there as DeMatenyee <sp> close to that off hand.
   I see Matheny properties close to Matney properties and some travels in
same areas, how ever there are more of the pioneer type people in those old
days the Matheny seemed to be to more famously known over the Matney in most
places eg Champoeg.
   Matney like any other names has a lot of milestones but I noticed the
Matheny seem to be more well known over all eg Walt Davis's Aunts book into
the setting sun. SO far we have not found any one who has recorded any
Matney/Mattingly pioneer mentions too much. There is a great deal of history
for folks in the era and each name I read about seems to have its own
history, very much fun reading about all names of the times, I always wonder
how it really was all these people on the wagon train 1843 so to speak.
Dan M