[or-roots] Oregon Divorce Index on Microfilm

Robyn Greenlund rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 12:37:06 PST 2010

Does anyone (Layne???) have a list to accompany the Oregon Divorce Indexes that are available on Microfilm? There is a column in the listing with a code for the "location" but I can't locate the key to reading them. I suspect the number refers to the county number and the final number is the case number within the county. But without the county to match up to the list, the index isn't very useful.

Samples from one of the Microfilm pages:

Albro          Clifford                         Phylli     2 27 58    17    450

Alby           Victor        Anderson    Marian    8 17 56    26    3345
Alcantara    Beinveni                      Honora   4 18 56    4     3651
Alcock        Albert        Cochran     Sallya     2 13 59    17   613

I've checked the Oregon Historical Records Index online [http://genealogy.state.or.us/] and none of the names I've checked so far has appeared in the index, so this material isn't online that I am aware of. Since it appears to have been published by a state agency I was wondering if others had used other films before and had already deciphered the county codes.

There are three rolls of this index available at the Coos Bay library for the periods of 1946-1955, 1956-1960, and 1966-1970.I am willing to do lookups within these date ranges if you know the husband's last name - if you would like one, please run the request through RAOGK.org (Coos County Oregon volunteer) so it can be tracked.

Robyn
rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com

Interested in Oregon History? Check out my webpages at
coquillevalley.org or genealogytrails.com (Coos & Curry Counties)