[or-roots] Browsing Old Cemeteries

cady978 at aol.com cady978 at aol.com
Sat Jan 16 11:29:14 PST 2010

I have a paperback titled "The World's Funniest Epitaphs",  compiled by Ronald Bremer, which contained most of these.  I'm sure many of them are bogus, but they are funny and have been put to good use at Halloween-themed meetings and parties by "walking tombstones", as we called the performers.

One favorite was - "Here I lie between two of the best women in the world; my wives. But I have requested my relatives to tip me a little toward Tillie".

Barbara