[or-roots] Browsing Old Cemeteries

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 06:37:17 PST 2010

Hi Les

No not this one, just happen to see it when I was looking for the death certificate for one of our relatives.

By the way did I tell you about the book "Beautiful McKenzie" and the cemetery at McKenzie Bridge?, the Oregon Burial Guide lists it as AKA Bull Cemetery and only lists one grave, the book say's 8 or 9 graves.

I contacted the timber company whose land it is on, they responded that they knew of the cemetery and were protecting it, told me to let them know when I could come down and they would meet me and show me the cemetery.

The cemetery is some of our indirect relatives a branch of the Belknap's that were related to our Benton County Belknap's and couple of there relatives, not much to see at the cemetery as the stones marking the graves are all weathered off supposedly.

I am doing this response online on the list so anyone interested will see it, I hope to go down there when the weather gets better and do more research on the cemetery, I have heard OGS May have some data, got to respond to Dale also.

Glen Jones Portland