[or-roots] Thomas Dove Keizur

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Jan 30 23:02:26 PST 2010

Okay, I am probably going to run these folks into the ground but you'll just
have to put up with it. I decided to google TD and am just amazed at some of
the hits;

>From Amazon;

Product Description
It's a Long Way to Oregon is an historical novel based on the Keizur family
role (specifically Thomas Dove Keizur) in the first wagon train to Oregon.
(1843) This covered wagon train blazed the Oregon Trail and T.D. Keizur was
one of the leaders. The first donation land claim in the Oregon territory
was claimed by the Keizurs . T.D. Keizur was the first commander of the
Oregon Rangers later to become the Oregon National Guard. The city of
Keizer, Oregon is named after T.D. Keizur in spite of the conflict over the
spelling of the name.

About the Author
Dr. McGee and his family have lived in Keizer, Or for forty years. Jerry and
his wife Shirley have played an active roll in civic affairs. They were
selected as co-citizens of the year in 1999. Jerry served on the City
Council for twelve years. Jerry earned his doctorate from the University of
Northern Colorado. Jerry retired in 1990 from the Oregon State management
Service.

I have a quibble with this though, according to what I see in the DLC book,
TD never had a claim?