[or-roots] Slow list & Mitchell Oregon Newspaper

Denise Sproed denisesproed at onlinenw.com
Sat Jun 12 07:12:30 PDT 2010

I hadn't received any messages since 5/18/2010 so I assumed I'd been kicked off the list!

Thought I'd share a listing I came across yesterday of Oregon Newspapers, sorted by county, that are in microfilm at Knight Library.

http://libweb.uoregon.edu/govdocs/micro/titles.html

I was trying to locate the Mitchell Sentinel, Mitchell Oregon.  The above site lists issues dated 2/11/1915-9/3/1925 but I know in the 1910 census my relative, Anthony Helms, listed his occupation as publisher of Newspaper so that would be 5 years of missing issues.  Any other ideas of where I could look for copies of those old newspapers?  I checked the State Library in Salem yesterday and they didn't have anything on Mitchell (that I saw).

I have not found alot of resources for Wheeler County, Oregon research.  Please share if you know of some I might not be aware of.

Thanks,  Denise