[or-roots] Civil War Causualty Lists

Beth Perry Johnston bpjohnston at charter.net
Sat Jun 12 19:39:01 PDT 2010

The National Park Service has an online database of Civil War soldiers, both
those who died and those who survived. You can pick a state and drill down
from there. Access is at http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/soldiers.cfm. If you
subscribe to Ancestry.com, it also has a Civil War data base.

The National Archives has a comprehensive web site that shows how to find
and research Civil War records at
http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/military/civil-war/index.html.

It sounds as though you really have your work cut out for you!

Beth

--
"A busily sniffing dog reading its scent version of the morning newspaper."
Dawn Ackerman

http://bethnewport.redbubble.com/