[or-roots] Wm. G. Pickett - Junction City, Oregon

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 16:28:51 PDT 2010

Here is the information I have on the PICKETTs buried in the historic
Milliorn Cemetery at Junction City, Oregon. If anyone is interested in this Wm.
G. Pickett with wife, Mary S. or Rachel, I can send more information.

PICKETT, Ada  T.  -- MARKED GRAVE
Died Aug 4, 1864 age 1 yr 10 mo 22 da, daughter of W.G.  & Mary S. PICKETT

PICKETT,  Benia  -- MARKED GRAVE
8-month-old child; daughter of Mary S. PICKETT
b. Jan 27, 1861 – d. Oct 15, 1861
These two little girls were born during the marriage of Wm. G. PICKET and
Mary (MILLIORN) PICKETT; they were born and died between the 1860 and 1870
censuses.
PICKETT, Wm. G.  – MARKED GRAVE
b. Jan 15, 1827 – d. Jul 23, 1899
First husband of Mary S. (MILLIORN) LUPER. W. G. Pickett was one of the
founders of the Farmer’s and Merchant’s Bank and a merchant in Junction City.
 The notice of his death in the Eugene Weekly Guard, July 29, 1899 reads: “
Wm. G.  Pickett died Sunday at the home of J.P. Milliorn at Junction, aged
73 years,  after a short illness. . . The funeral occurred at 1 p.m. today at
the Milliorn  Cemetery.”
PICKETT,  Rachel  -- MARKED GRAVE
b. Oct 12, 1857 – d. Dec 8, 1885
>From the Oregon State Journal,  Dec. 19, 1885 – Notes from Junction: “The
sudden death of Mrs. W.G. Pickett was  quite a shock to her friends . . .
She was buried at the Milliorns graveyard  near town.”