[or-roots] 1895 McCubbin & Hagey m'g. puzzle

cuprum4445 at aol.com cuprum4445 at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 14:21:12 PDT 2010

I thought I found the following data in an Oregon Archives historical records search, but can't?spot it there right?now:
?
Details For Marriage ID#286089
?
Groom Last Name:????HAGEY
Groom First Name:??? J. B.
Bride Last Name:?????? MCCUBBIN
Bride First Name:?????? Bertha J.
Bride Residence:??????(left blank)
Place:?????????????????????????Wallowa
Date:????????????????????????? 11 Sep 1895
County of Record:???? Wallowa
State:????????????????????????? Oregon
Volume:??????????????????????B
Page:????????????????????????? 27
?
Does anyone know anything about this marriage and/or a divorce, or if this Bertha J. McCubbin Hagey died?? Or is this J. B. Hagey a different person than our "Uncle Ben", detailed below:
?
Our James Benjamin Hagey was born 13 Aug 1871 in Oregon & Died 31 Aug 1931 in Union County, Oregon to John Milton & Nancy Eveline Harpole Hagey.?
?
"Benny Hagey" was living with his family in Upper Mollalla, Oregon,?during?the 1880 census with his parents.
?
James B. Hagey?is in Hilgard Precinct, Union County, Oregon during the 1900 census,?& he had?some of his younger siblings living there with him, while?their parents were elsewhere.
?
Uncle Ben married Ida Samatha Williams 17 Mar 1902 in La Grande.
?
In 1910?James B.?& Ida Hagey are?in Starkey Precinct, Union County.
?
James B.?& Ida are living in La Grande for the 1920 census.
?
This couple?had moved to Tallman, Linn County by the time of the 1930 census.
?
"Uncle Ben" Hagey died 31 Aug 1931 in Union County, certificate 145, leaving spouse Ida, but no children.?
?
Since I've found some fun photos of Uncle Ben Hagey in Grandma's photo collection, we?wonder if?our?James Ben Hagey?had a brief marriage to Bertha J. McCubbin?in 1895, that disolved for some reason before the?1900 census.? Do any of you McCubbin researchers know anything about this marriage?
?
Thanks,?? Gerrie