[or-roots] Wm P Harpole & Nancy Mary McMullin, 1851 OR Pioneers

cuprum4445 at aol.com cuprum4445 at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 14:30:19 PDT 2010

My husband's ancestors William Pope Harpole & his wife Nancy Mary McMullin were Oregon Pioneers of 1851, coming from Pike County, Illinois. Wm. P. was one of the first Oregon legislators, from Marion County. They had an Oregon Donation Land Claim, as did other Harpole relatives. I don't have my data here right now, but Wm P. Harpole died in?1862, while out campaigning for reelection. Nancy M. Harpole lived a long life with her sons & she died in 1906. The parents, along with their sons, are buried in the Pioneer Cemetery at Brooks, Oregon. There's a wonderful website that gives much data on this family.
?
MY QUESTION IS:?how could I find out?if there are photos of William P.?and/or Nancy M. Harpole out there? I'm asking because I have what I think could be a photo of each of these individuals. I have temporary custody of my husband's grandparents' photo collection. OF COURSE - there are no names on these photos, but clues point to these two ancestors, rather than our Andrew & Catherine Hagey Oregon Pioneers of 1848. It seems to me that if there were known photos of these Oregon Pioneers, Stephanie would have them on her wonderful website. Who should I contact about identifying these terrific old photos.
?
Also - there's an old harvest photo I have questions about - in which the women's dresses fall to their ankles. I figure there must be either Harpole or Hagey ancestors in that photo, along with a lot of other folks, or this picture wouldn't have been in Grandma's collection. What do you suggest I do about these puzzles?
?
I could share more data about our Harpole and Hagey ancestors with those who want it, as I've collected much information. I LOVE the Oregon State Library & the Oregon State Historical Society Library. I found indexed data for both William P. Harpole & Andrew Hagey's probates in Marion County, but haven't gone to the Archives for them yet. If someone would tell me what she would need to do, there's a cousin in Salem who might go get those for us. Also, someone on this?said we can get full data for the ancestor's Oregon Donation Land Claim applications. Please tell us how to do that as well - we have the ODLC numbers.
?
Thanks,?? Gerrie