[or-roots] 2 questions of unfound data

James mygenrw2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:54:30 PDT 2011

 For 20 years or longer, my cousin and I have been trying to find 2 people.
Walter J Matney died - intestate ( have probate) no info on it any use.
               1873 fall, some place between Alturas and someplace in Oregon.
  We are not sure . He and his relation Sam K Matney ( Tule E' Dad ) fought the Modocs and Sam scalped em to show they were not the only one who could use a knife - this story is on my web page, Walter got a divorce ( have those papers no info useful) just before he was ( killed or died) we dont know where - I suspect the Modocs did him in after he went looking for trouble drunk. * not a fact, just  a-thought*
   There is no mention any place about a burial,  no place.
Now as for Julia - my suspicions are she died in Yamhill
   Julia Ann Cooper (Matney - Rowe) she was at the age that if she died as an old lady - she could * have* lived to 1920, she was married to Rowe 1879. There is no mention of her death in any Oregon archive I can find unless I missed some thing.
   So, these are my 2 long lasting brick walls -
Dan Matney - Cooper - Rogers