[or-roots] 2 questions of unfound data

James mygenrw2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:24:03 PDT 2011

There is No link known to link Matheny to Matney.
Matney is a shortened version of Mattingly of Mattingly England, same people are Matani ( Italy) DeMatenyee ( France).
  Matheny are only ( small possibility ) related by marriage into the Cooper lines , As there are 2 main known lines, one is on the Matney, the other is of Walt Davis who is on the Matheny line, its possible those 2 Coopers < could be> siblings, remotely, but possible.
   It seems on a map and in wagon travels and on census, Matney and Matneny seemed to keep close company, how ever we dont know why.
   Matheny have a tighter tie into the involvements of things in the beginning, my Walter was into things to, one is he was listed as president of the VernBlu gold mine in Jacksonville Oregon.
    If you are talking about the Into the Setting Sun, thats a one sided book.
Some people present in those times were not mentioned, how ever its a good story, same as the book Skookum, By the Applegate's.
   All hints and mentions, may not be fact in these books, but it sure does give us aplace to look ;)
    Some people, who went to Independence Oregon - tried to re create the places they came from, one thing, they tried to make river boats work on the creek there :)

Dan