[or-roots] Gerber family in Lane County

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 23:13:33 PST 2011

Interesting thing I discovered recently, cousins I have live near all my life and to the best of my knowledge never met, or at most met once or twice.

name:		Dorothy Cor Gerber
event:		Death
event date:	27 Nov 1981
event place:	Lane, Oregon
birth date:	13 Jan 1919
spouse:	Joe Gerber
certificate no:	81-18849

name:		Joe Den Gerber
event:		Death
event date:	11 Sep 1984
event place:	Lane, Oregon
birth date:	22 Dec 1908
spouse:	Doroth Gerber
certificate no:	84-15838

name:		Vernon Ernest Gerber
event:		Death
event date:	20 Jan 1994
event place:	Lane, Oregon
birth date:	28 Nov 1909
spouse:	Mildre Gerber
certificate no:	94-00967

name:		Mildred Margaret Gerber
event:		Death
event date:	29 Aug 1994
event place:	Lane, Oregon
birth date:	05 Aug 1910
spouse:	Vernon Gerber
certificate no:	94-17732

May actual Kin in that lot is Dorothy Foster, my dad's first cousin on his Mom's side.

>From her death notice in the RG I find out cousin Dorothy's middle name is Coral. That begs the question does her brother-in-law  Verne (Best man at their wedding in Spfld 1940 RG again) have middle name Dennis? or Denton or?

And from the 1910 and 1920 ND Census it seems pretty clear Verne is born in 1910 after Census time or later, so why is his birth announced in his obit and on Family Search as 1909? Maybe so he could get into the Navy or some such??

Mildred's maiden name is Walkely. If anyone on the list is connected to these folks I would sure like to know about it.

Les C.