[or-roots] need research help

ViolaRae Kassing vkassing at minn.net
Mon Jul 18 14:37:12 PDT 2011

I’m thinking that “Carley” is a younger generation possibly one of the males children.  Have you tried to get a hold of Delbert Melvin Osborn?  He lived in Red Bluff and was compiling all of the descendants of Hannah HOGABOON & Stephen MARKHAM. I am rereading a lot of my collection on the Vale relations and I will keep in mind if I come across a ‘CARLEY’ but Delbert is the best bet.  I lost contact with him in 1998-99, life got in the way.  Work does that sometimes.

My Grandmother, Viola GOODRICH (her twin Violetta died at birth) 21 dec 1870

                Her siblings         Edward G            b. 1873

                                                Virginia May       b. 1875 (married a W. Wells)

Eva V                     b. 8 jan 1875

                                                Foster                   b. 19 mar 1881

                                                Marion E

                                                Trask

Her parents

My great grandfather Layfayette Winslow GOODRICH b. 6 jan 1844

Married 26 Sep 1869

Great-grandmother Lucy Jane MARKHAM b. 1852

Daughter of Warren MARKHAM & Catherine Ann Jones

Layfayette Winslow GOODRICH is the first son of James Goodrich and was born in Nashville Tennessee

Other children of James and Nancy R Stone

                                                Melvina                b 1852 CA

                                                George E             b. 1855 Ca

                                                Charles                 b. 1858

                                                Stonewall            b. feb 1870

Surnames: (These are in the Pioneer Cemetary of Vale.

STACEYs,  grandparents and great grandparents

GOODRICHs, great grandparents . Then on to Northern California Paskenta area

MARKHAMs, great grandparents. Then on to Northern California Paskenta area, next to Utah.

My sister has decided that she wants to join the DAR so I’m having to ‘prove’ the lines, and now they don’t take cemetery markers . . . This is what I get for procrastinating. I’m hoping some of the birth records (my father) wedding dates and death records will be there.  If not then I will have to make a trip to Ontario maybe I could call them?