[or-roots] Historic Newspaper project

SAWYER, Layne G laysaw at sos.state.or.us
Fri Jul 29 09:27:15 PDT 2011

OR-Rooters,

I think there have already been some posts about this project but the site is now offically launched...

http://oregonnews.uoregon.edu/

This is a great site which allows full text searches on the images.  More images and titles will continue to be added.  Several other states have similar projects. (Utah and Colorado are the ones I am most familiar with)  Some to the newspaper titles are hosted at the Library of Congress so you should also check their site particularly for other states you might be researching.

Enjoy

Layne