[or-roots] Astoria, primarily

MEMcDTT at aol.com MEMcDTT at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 05:15:21 PST 2011

In a message dated 11/13/2011 8:17:50 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pswitzertatum at peoplepc.com writes:

Have you  tried Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK) online? You
can look for a  volunteer in the country of choice such as Norway to see if
there is  information there that might help, such as how the Scaninavian
patronymic  worked, farm names, census and parish records, etc. I was helped a
lot in my  family research by some kind volunteers in Norway. Their info
helped me trace  my people here in the US. You can make donations to  RAOGK

NOTE:
Our heart is saddened that we will be offline for quite  awhile. Between
computer problems (harddrive turning to toast) and the health of  the
administrator very questionable ... RAOGK, after 11 years, will cease to  exist for
awhile
Bridgett Schneider
RAOGK Administrator

I found this on another list about a month or so  ago!
Mike McDermott, San Jose, CA