[or-roots] Pearson

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 09:36:18 PST 2011

Sherry;

I thought that would be an easy search, but Family search has 914 hits for George Pearson, I am assuming this is you guy;

Oregon Deaths and Burials, 1903-1947

name:		George Pearson
gender:		Male
death date:	19 Dec 1927
death place:	Astoria, Clatsop, Or.
age:		77
birth date:		1850
birthplace:	Arandahl, Norway
race:		White
marital status:	Married
father's name:	Pear Paulson
father's birthplace:	Norway
mother's name:	Unk
mother's birthplace:	Norway
indexing  number:	B54537-3
system origin:	Oregon-EASy
source film number:	1838542

This is as close as I come at Family search; darn people and their mutating given names this might be your gal;

Oregon Marriages, 1853-1935

groom's name:	Geo. Pearson
groom's birth date:	1884
groom's age:	21
bride's name:	Bertha Anderson
bride's birth date:	1865
bride's age:	40
marriage date:	30 Dec 1905
marriage place:	Astoria, Clatsop, Oregon
indexing  number:	M73339-2
system origin:	Oregon-EAsy
source film number:	1838394
reference number:	Pg 272

Is this your Sophie?
groom's name:	Ludwig Ogren
bride's name:	Mary Sophia Thompson
marriage date:	02 Sep 1884
marriage place:	Clatsop County, Oregon
indexing number:	M73334-3
system origin:	Oregon-EAsy
source film number:	1838938

for the back story I would have to have more info, as it occurs to me if she emigrated in 1872 this can't be your Sophie and I am not having much luck pinning them down in Oregon.

Are you aware of the Norwegian info online?

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_reset=ja

is the home page; not sure if you can use the following, it takes you where my grandfather's family came from;

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_fylke=2&idx_kommune=%C5s++prgj&idx_kilde=Alle&idx_periode=&idx_textsearch=&js=j

The interface has a distressing habit of reverting to Norwegian after you aske for English and I haven't entirely mastered their search engine, but if you go to family search and can find the right parish information then getting to your actual document is much easier. Of course then you have to figure out how to read it. I have several ancestors saved on my computer, but since they are on a page with a dozen or more unrelated folks I have a hard time showing them off to people if I can't remember where my person is. Especially if I have them in my family file as Roberta or some such and in the original parish register they are Berta or whatever.

Les C