[or-roots] 1940 Census through the National Archives

Barbara Wulf Wulf at bendbroadband.com
Sat Oct 22 08:40:47 PDT 2011

http://blogs.archives.gov/online-public-access/?p=5500
Are You Preparing for the 1940 Census? We are!
Do you have the opening of the 1940 Census on April 2, 2012 marked on your calendar? We do here at the National Archives.

For past Census releases we provided access to the Census on microfilm. For the 1940 Census we will be providing free online access. You'll be able to search on the internet using the public computers in our research rooms or your own computer. Our Digitization Lab has completed the digitization of the 1940 Census, creating over 3.8 million digital images of Census schedules, maps, and enumeration district descriptions. In addition we have indexed the Census schedules to the enumeration district level

NOW I can stop trying to figure out how to get access to the 1940 census records.

Barb Wulf