[or-roots] Junction City Cemetery

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 13:17:41 PDT 2012

In a message dated 4/1/2012 12:45:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
barbhg1221 at comcast.net writes:

Her  name is Grace M. Romey, and she died 15 August 1977. She was not a
long time  resident there and was in a nursing home.
I've been off line, proofreading yet another Junction City History book
while you've been trying to get me to respond.

I've just checked "Index of persons listed in Cemetery Books Located in the
 Library of Oregon Genealogical Society", published in 2004 by OGS. And,
I've  checked "Rest Lawn Memorial Park", also published by OGS in 2006. Grace
M. Romey  is not listed in either publication.

You say she was only in Junction City for a short time. Where had she lived
 before that? Many times people will be "taken home" for burial.

And, I've not thought of this before as a research source, but do you
suppose the nursing home keeps any records of final arrangements?  That  would
have been Grandview Manor Care Center. It is now called
    Avamere Rehab of Junction City
    530 Birch St.
    Junction City, OR  97448              541-998-2395

Same facility at the same place, with new owners. You might give that a try
 and let us all know how your request is received by a nursing home
facility.

Linda VanOrden, President
Junction City Historical Society