[or-roots] Capitol Hill?

eugenemelvin.roots at comcast.net eugenemelvin.roots at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 15:54:25 PDT 2012

Paulette,

If you live in the greater Portland, Oregon area I would recommend a trip to the Multnomah County Library, M ain Branch location. If they have not moved them then on the third floor they have Polk City directories dating back to before 1900.  When I first started doing my family research I headed there and discovered exactly where my relatives lived. And in som e  cases the actual houses still exist. I t was also very amusing to read what one of my relatives said when interviewed . In 1903 she stated she was a widowed when in reality her husband left her.

Eugene