[or-roots] Census information cross referencing

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 11:41:30 PST 2012

Thanks Tracy, but that is how I DID find them, but I usually prefer to save the actual image rather than the info on Family search. Fortunately the latter includes the basics, age, place of birth relationships so finding the original image was not real important. It just is one of those digressions I am so fond of beating myself to death with that led me down a merry path of confusion.
here is the actual family citation from Family Search;
family number:	 508page number:	 	27 	Household	Gender	Age	Birthplaceself	William D Hughes	M	39y	 Kentucky I really tend to obsess on these digression, my primary person of interest is Wm.s son Virgil who married one of my Dad's cousins. He doesn't show up in the Family Search birth index for Oregon, but some of his siblings do which gave me full names for both of his parents and a cross reference for their ages. It is more the chase than the result that intrigues me, trying to find precinct maps was very frustrating, I know they are out there, but hours of searching led me down many blind alleys and to one lady who had all here ancestors listed in Sinslaw precinct from 1880 to 1930. I emailed her to suggest she might want to change that to Siuslaw.
Thanks for the suggestion though,  a lot of folks probably still don't realize how much stuff is on family search now.
Les C