[or-roots] Canadian Census

Barbara Herring barbhg1221 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 1 19:59:13 PST 2012

Does anyone have access to the 1861 and 1881 Canadian Census?  I am looking for a Lucas Wheeler born 1856 in Canada.  I have the US but not the World Ancestry.com subscription so any help would be appreciated.  I am hoping that the 1861 will show him with his parents and siblings and that the 1881 will show him with a wife whose name is currently not known.  If it is the correct person, he is in Eugene by the 1900 census with a second wife, one daughter by the first wife and twin boys by the second wife.

In Ancestry.com, he shows up in 1861 in Stanstead, Canada East.

In 1881 he is in  Stanstead, Quebec.

Barbara Herring