[or-roots] Wheeler connections

Roy Blaine royblaine at msn.com
Sun Dec 2 21:37:52 PST 2012

Isn't it the truth, Les. ;-). I am sure my Wheelers had to do with the Grange; I remember my grandmother Dee (Edith Wheeler) Darnell talking about a debate her father, Walter Nahum Wheeler had with someone over appropriate entertainment for a Grange meeting.

With so many Wheelers in Lane County, I am focusing right now on Dee's brother and his WW1 experience. His name was Hiram Wall (or Walter) Wheeler and we called him Uncle Pete for reasons nobody seems to remember. After the war he trailer monkeyed for my granddad on his log trucks. My memory of him is his reactions to loud noise - Dee said it was due to cannon fire as he was an artilleryman. I will get his service record from the Archive here in January.

Take care all; this listserv really is an amazing font of shared learning.

Roy Blaine
Sent from my iPad