[or-roots] Oregon Graves Article

Denise Sproed DeniseSproed at onlinenw.com
Sat Feb 25 10:52:33 PST 2012

A friend shared the pages of "The Sunday Oregonian" from 12 Feb 2012 with an
article called "Secrets of the Graves".  I thought others with Oregon Roots
might find the article interesting as well.

You can see it online
<http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2012/02/secrets_of_the_graves_ce
metery.html>  currently at:

http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2012/02/secrets_of_the_graves_cem
etery.html

I included both a hyperlink and the long address for those who find only one
or the other works.

The author of the article is: Johan Mathiesen is a Portland writer and
photographer who has been documenting Oregon Territory cemeteries since
2004. In fall of 2011, Ashland Creek Press published his book,
<http://ashlandcreekpress.com/books/madasmist.html> "Mad As the Mist and
Snow: Exploring Oregon Through Its Cemeteries," which is available from the
publisher and retailers.

About 16,000 of his cemetery photographs are presented on
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/deadmantalking> Flickr under the nom-de-pixel,
DeadManTalking.

More of his cemetery writing can be found at
<http://bloggingadeadhorse-dmt.blogspot.com/> Blogging a Dead Horse. He is
working on a guide to Lone Fir Cemetery, "Nature's Immutable Laws."

Enjoy!

Denise Sproed

Descendant of many Oregon pioneers