[or-roots] Donation land claims

Diane whitehillranch at centurytel.net
Sat Jan 21 16:45:36 PST 2012

Is there a on-location where DLC's were filed and then not proven  up on?  I am searching for Timothy Long...who apparently died and was buried in the Paisley cemetery in 1882.  There is a Tim Long creek south of Paisley.  In 1880 he and a George Pike lived together in HH34/34.  According to local lore he was killed in what for years was called Deadman's Hall.  The location of that building is yet to be rediscovered!  He was age 51 in 1880 census and from Ireland.

My main question is.....about the not proven up DLC's but yet originally filed upon?  The only ones I could find in blmglo records were finished filings.

Thanks, Diane