[or-roots] Row River Row

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 17:40:47 PST 2012

Off the top of my head I seem to remember seeing or hearing something in some of the histories lately about the "Bucket of Blood" or some such tavern up toward Dorena or past it (Seems like it had a legitimate name too?) where as much entertainment was had by the loggers trying to knock each other's teeth out every Saturday night as they had by drinking and dancing. I assume that is the story you are referring too?
Les C

To: or-roots at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 4:54 PM

Hi Les,

Thank you for the information. I will check  this link.

Yes, I can see how my email address would lead you to think I live somewhere between Cottage Grove and Dorena.

In fact I'm a native San Diegan.  I did live in Cottage Grove in 2002 and in Eugene from 2003 to 2006.  That is not, however, the reason my email is Row River....

Being from Cottage Grove and interested in genealogy perhaps you have heard the story of how the Row River became the Row after originally being called the North Fork of the Middle Fork of the Willamette.  My ggg grandfather was the George Clark referenced in this story.

If you haven't heard the story I'll be happy to share it with you.

Stephen Clark