[or-roots] Canada English or Scottish

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 19:32:58 PDT 2012

Here's a poser for you Pat, in the 1881 Canadian census few of my cousins are listed as being of Scottish Ethnic Origin which is probably the correct answer while most of them are listed as English. My question is whether in 1881 and several generations, well maybe only three generations removed from our ancestor who was born in Scotland is that really a valid answer per their questionnaire? I realize that is a little off topic, but it just occurred to me apropos your information on the instructions. Has anyone ever seen the instructions for the Canadian Census?
Les C