[or-roots] Beach

Arlene Robinson robinsar at molalla.net
Fri May 25 21:57:50 PDT 2012

I have lurked and observed on this list for several years and have
learned so much from you all.  Now it's time for me to get down to
business with my
search to benefit my grandchildren.
My grandmothers parents and uncle are buried at Belle Passe in
Woodburn.  My great grandparents are John Beach and Martha Lasira Noble
Beach.
Martha's paternal line traces back to Thomas Noble in mid 1600's in
Massachusets. (Martha,Caleb, Thomas Jr., Thomas Sr.,}
I've not done so well with the Beach family who came here from
Michigan.  Both John and his brother Amos fought in Custer's Cavalry
regiment in the Civil War.  Amos was taken prisoner and John was wounded.
I've recently learned that Amos was the first constable in Woodburn, in
fact there is an article about him on the web page of the Woodburn
police chief.  I've just now found the following article about Amos
through Genealogy Bank, that gives some very exciting details about his
military service.

Here's where I need help on this line.  My great-grandaughter, an 8th
grader at Butte Creek (honor roll student if I may brag) is currently
studying the Civil War, including the battles mentioned below.  She
would like to take a copy of this article to her teacher, but for the
life of me I can't get it to copy!
Can any one help?

Also Amos had several children. His son George was the first City
Recorder.  If anyone has knowledge of any of this family and descendants
I would dearly love help in locating them. My grandmother, Jessie May
Beach Austin, was an only child, so no where to go there.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Arlene Robinson

(I may have to send the article in a separate e-mail. Doesn't want to
co-operate!!)