[or-roots] Frank Elder

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Mon Sep 24 12:31:31 PDT 2012

On 9/24/2012 9:17 AM, Diane wrote:
> This is a very small community.

Population has ranged from 235 up (and back down) to about 300 over that
last many years

> I go read the old county newspapers when in Lakeview

Lakeview, the county seat is also not "large" -- seems it has a
population of around 3,000.  One goes to Bend or Klamath Falls for
anything more than just "groceries, nails, and gunpowder" -- Bend or
Medford for serious medical attention. If one is suddenly desperate, and
know who to ask though, folks will find what one needs in their
cupboards, woodshed, or pump house -- but then you have to reciprocate
likewise.

Basically, everyone in Paisley knows everyone else personally.

The post office will deliver mail to my cousin Jessie, simply addressed
to "Jessie, Paisley, OR".

And that is about the size of it.  Another reason this Frank Elder is
such a mystery ...

Bill Strickland