[or-roots] More census whining or when exactly did sex changes start taking place?

Bil & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Tue Dec 24 01:10:33 PST 2013

> Riddle me this one;

Les, you'd had to have been there, and I know you are older than I am,
but even you aren't that old, so ...

Dad was born in January 1920 (official birth cert, unofficial birth
cert, newspaper clipping, mother's personal statement, etc), but he was
NOT enumerated as an infant in the 1920 census -- the omission would
appear to be one of those fairly typical aberrations in the census
record.  How could one miss a six month old infant as being a person?
That happened.

I have another cousin counted twice as an infant on the same day about
200 miles away -- probably skipped Dad wile trying to make up for that
error forty years later [actually, my guess is over eager
grandparents].  And you ask when sex changes happened?  Every time they
missed the mark with their pen -- time to look at the original record
and make your own transcription, Les.

Merry Christmas from the census takers!

Bill Strickland