[or-roots] WWI draftees called up from other than their home

Roy Blaine royblaine at msn.com
Tue Dec 31 10:20:29 PST 2013

If you have someone who was in the Nat. Guard, the State Archives likely has their original records. Quite fascinating. Found that my Grandmother's brother joined NG at 18 in 1910 (underage) with his mother's signature on the form in Cottage Grove. His training records in the Coast Battery, detail to San Diego during the Mexican War, call to active duty, and record of assignments in France during WW1. Now I can understand why he jumped when he heard a car backfire.

Roy Blaine
Sent from my iPhone