[or-roots] graduation information

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 18:21:05 PST 2013

That is the current program I have on my computer, I just can't figure out how to get the scan into it for recognition purposes.
Ah well, don't have much time to mess with that kind of stuff until I get a few thousand more photos scanned.
Les

--- On Fri, 1/11/13, Robyn Greenlund <rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com> wrote
For those interested, I use Abbyy Screenshot reader for doing a lot of my OCR work. It doesn't work well for handwriting, but I am very happy with what I get if it is typed text. I still proofread what it produces, and then verify names against other sources as much as possible, as there are always those typos that were in the original text - there I leave the original version but include the correction so that both forms are available and searchable.

Abbyy has several applications, but this tool is under $30 and anything that can be seen on your screen can be OCR'd. Abbyy.com

Robyn
rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com

Interested in
 Coos County History? See what's online at
genealogytrails.com, coquillevalley.org, or orgenweb.org